As the name suggests, The Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is more concentrated than the standard Outpatient Program. It can be a transition program for inpatient or partial hospitalization and may be convenient for patients who require intensive treatment. Individuals who are medically stable who have been unresponsive to outpatient care may be successfully treated in our specialized intensive outpatient program without resorting to more costly hospitalization.
Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program for Eating Disorders
- The IOP consists of 6 to 10 treatment hours per week.
- Ideally suited for patients who need to recover from their formal eating disorder and continue to maintain their current lifestyle such as their academic and/or occupational functioning.
- Our program is designed for patients who require an intensive multidisciplinary approach for the treatment of their eating disorder.
- Emphasis on individual psychotherapy and nutrition therapy
- Clinically designed treatment plan that is unique to your needs
- Highly qualified staff including three clinical psychologists (no interns or trainees)
- A comprehensive family program
- Lifeskills therapy/program
- Personalized meal plans
- Extensive intake process
- Meal therapy with personal dietitian on or off campus
- Individual or group body image therapy
- Clinically designed psychological and/or career test battery & ADHD testing
- Gourmet cooking classes for you and/or your family and loved ones
- Classes on how to build better body image and flatter your body type
- Weekend and/or Weekday Programs
- Your choice of whether you would like to participate in groups
- Energy expenditure, nutritional intake, body composition
On Campus Medicals
- Comprehensive physical/medical exams
- Cardiac assessments
- Bone density assessment
- Medication management
- Dermatology services
- Blood Work